Meet our staff team
Catherine’s role involves:
- Developing the organisation as a robust and trusted voice, representing Lambeth residents
- Making the case for change to improve health and social care outcomes for local people
Catherine has lived in Lambeth for 26 years and has extensive links to communities and services across the borough. She studied fine art before completing an MBA with the Open University. She has extensive practical experience of working in health and health inequalities including work to prevent HIV infection, disability and long term condition programmes.
Operations and Finance Lead
Richard's role involves:
- Ensuring we have robust internal processes
- Developing reporting mechanisms that support the planned growth of the organisation.
Richard is a qualified accountant that has worked for large businesses including Unilever, Xerox and Ladbrokes, where his roles included working on business transformation programmes across Europe. He is actively involved in the voluntary and community sector and is particularly interested in equality and diversity and is passionate about connecting and empowering people and organisations to have their views heard and improve their local communities.
Engagement Lead for Older People
Kate’s role involves:
- Gathering feedback about health and care services for older people.
- Coordinating the Right for Everyone project, which involves visits to community health services to see how well they work for people with learning disabilities.
Before joining Healthwatch Lambeth, Kate worked for the National Council for Voluntary Organisations, advising charities on strategy and impact, and running a programme to help groups prepare for climate change. She has also worked in development education (supporting teachers to include global issues in their lessons) and the heritage sector. Kate lives in Camberwell and is secretary of the tenant management organisation which runs services on her estate.
Mental Health Engagement Lead
Anna Jones is the Mental Health Engagement Lead.
Her role involves:
- Gathering feedback about mental health services in the borough, including a series of enter and view visits to community services.
- Current research into individuals’ experiences of approaching the GP with a mental health concern.
Before joining Healthwatch Lambeth, Anna worked for Rethink Mental Illness in employment support. She has also worked with children and young people with severe mental health issues, and has done research into the mental health experiences of asylums seekers and refugees in London. Anna has a background in psychology and counselling.
Communication and Liaison Officer
Jeanette’s role involves
- Acting as the first point of contact for enquiries.
- Keeping members, Lambeth residents and organisations updated on issues relating to our work and local health and social care services through our social media, newsletters and public meetings
Jeanette's previous voluntary sector communication roles have included working for Sefton Carers Centre in Liverpool and Emmaus UK (a national homeless charity). She has also worked in the arts and as a reporter for a local Cambridge newspaper.