In discussion with our membership and wider stakeholder groups, we have decided to focus our work on listening to and learning from:
- older people
- people affected by poor mental health
- adults with a learning disability
- children and young people.
We recognise the important role of support networks, and therefore our work involves proactively seeking out the experiences of families and carers.
We are taking an in-depth look at the following areas of health and care:
- older people’s experiences of receiving ‘care behind closed doors’, with a focus on care homes, extra care housing and dementia services
- older people’s experiences of being discharged from hospital to home
- access to primary care services for adults with learning disabilities.
- young people’s participation in discussions about matters that affect them