Healthwatch Lambeth works to ensure local people’s voices count when it comes to shaping and improving local health and care services. We aim to address inequalities and ensure services fit around the needs of the patient, service user and carer.
We were set up as a requirement of the government’s Health and Social Care Act 2012 and are part of a national network of local Healthwatches supported by Healthwatch England. We are an independent charity with a Board of 12 Trustees, seven staff members, 49 volunteers and a membership and mailing list that is open to all Lambeth residents, voluntary and community organisations and people who work in or use health and social care services in the borough.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision is to be experts in community impact and experience of health and social care services in Lambeth.Read More
We exist to improve people’s experiences of health and social care through gathering and communicating voices.Values
- We start with people first.
- We work for children, young people and adults.
- We enable the voice of the seldom heard.
- We cover all health and social care services.
- We tackle inequality and work for everyone, not just those who shout the loudest.
- We are an independent voice.
- We seek out data and intelligence to challenge assumptions with facts.
- We celebrate and share good practice in health and social care.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards.
- We keep the debate positive and we get things done.
- We work in partnership with the public, health and social care sectors and the voluntary and community sector.
- We learn from people's experiences and also from specialists and experts.
- We build on what is already known and collaborate in developing and sharing new insights.
- We value dignity and kindness.
- We treat people with respect.
- We listen actively.
- We value people’s opinions and lived experiences.
- We are open and honest about our decision-making with the public and encourage others to do the same.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
- We seek and learn from feedback about our work to improve it in the future.
Our role is to:
- gather people’s views about their need for and experience of local health and social care services
- share this information with those involved in buying, providing and evaluating these services, and with Healthwatch England, the national champion
- use our representation on various boards and committees to make recommendations about how services could or should be improved
- signpost people to local health and social care services and choices
- help people get involved in checking, assessing and designing services
- carry out Enter and View visits to publicly funded adult health and social care services to listen to people’s experiences of the care they receive.