To provide people with the very best mental health care and support, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust are developing a new five-year strategy and would like partners, stakeholders, service users, their carers, families and friends, to have their say by getting involved and shaping it.
You can do this by filling in our survey by June 25th, or by attending our Lambeth online engagement event on Tuesday 29th June 2021. To fill in the survey or register for the event, please click here.
The draft strategy so far
Building on the foundations of our existing strategy, Changing Lives, we are working with our staff, local partners and communities, as well as service users, carers and friends and family groups to help develop five ambition areas where we would like to make a large impact over the next five years.
The five draft ambitions are:
- Best place for outstanding mental health care: we want children and young people, adults and older adults to have the best standard of care and treatment and be treated with kindness, compassion, dignity and respect.
- Partner in prevention: working with our partners to drive pioneering research into the prevention of mental illness, promote early intervention and early access for those in our communities at higher risk of mental illness, and support those living with mental health conditions to stay well.
- Catalyst for change: we will be a prominent voice in the national and global conversation about mental health, working to combat stigma
- Building a culture of trust: we want our organisation to be viewed as transparent, responsive, decent and equitable. We will support all our staff to give their best and contribute fully to the achievement of our ambitions.
- An effective and sustainable organisation: we will transform our capability and capacity to make sustainable improvement, develop new income streams to reinvest in our local services, and maximise the value – financially, environmentally and societally – of our resources
How you can get involved
There are two ways you can do this:
Fill out our survey by June 25th
Please fill out our survey where you can give your views on our ambition areas. We want to hear about your ideas, suggestions, and experiences - all of which will help shape our new strategy. To complete the survey, please click here: https://www.slam.nhs.uk/about-us/get-involved/consultations-and-engagement/
Register for one of our online engagement events
During June 2021, we will be hosting an online engagement event in each of our four Boroughs - Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark- to hear more about people’s thoughts about our new draft strategy and to gain feedback about our plans. To register, please click here: https://www.slam.nhs.uk/about-us/get-involved/consultations-and-engagement/
If you have any questions about the survey or the events, please contact email@example.com