Our Enter and View programme
Our Enter and View programme involves visiting publicly funded health and social care services in Lambeth to see what is going on and to talk to service users, their relatives and carers, as well as staff. We do this with authorised representatives who go through a training programme with us.
Every local Healthwatch across the country has a legal responsibility to carry out an Enter and View programme. But we are not inspectors like the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Instead, we focus on gathering the views and experiences of the people receiving care.
Our Enter and View role is different to an inspection. We focus on what it is like for people receiving care. We provide extra eyes and ears, especially for the most isolated and vulnerable. Visiting places where people actually receive care is a powerful way for us to hear directly from individuals about their experiences of services.
How does it work?
- We arrange a visit with the service and read background information on it.
- On an agreed date, our trained volunteers spend several hours at the location, talking both to people receiving care and those providing it.
- We write a report on what our volunteers have seen and heard.
- We publish the report on this web page and share it with the organisations involved, as well as the CQC and Healthwatch England.
Click here for our Healthwatch Lambeth Enter and View Protocol and Procedures
Our Enter and View Team
All our Enter and View authorised representatives must be trained and undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check before making any visits. We currently have nine representatives.
We also have a team of Enter and View authorised visitors who visit services which are open to the public and are accompanied by a person who has undertaken a DBS check.
Enter and View authorised representatives
- Kate Damiral, engagement officer – older people lead
- Yvette Johnson, care home enter and view coordinator
- Catherine Pearson, chief executive
- Mike Rogers, engagement officer - mental health lead
- Natalia Sali, engagement manager
Our current Enter and View plans
Care home project
Following the council’s quality and safety review, Healthwatch Lambeth will be carrying out Enter and View visits to three care homes to hear the views of residents, their relatives (if present) and staff about the care being provided.
The visits will happen in September and October 2019.
All three homes provide nursing care, two offer dementia care, and two also provide general residential care.