Chief Executive - Catherine Pearson
Catherine’s role involves:
- Developing the organisation as a robust and trusted voice, representing Lambeth residents
- Making the case for change to improve health and social care outcomes for local people
Catherine has lived in Lambeth for 26 years and has extensive links to communities and services across the borough. She studied fine art before completing an MBA with the Open University. She has extensive practical experience of working in health and health inequalities including work to prevent HIV infection, disability and long term condition programmes.
020 7095 5763
Olivia Nascimento - Business Administrator and Finance Lead
Olivia hopes to serve the community in Lambeth by ensuring we have consistent and reliable finance and administrative systems in place. Her background is both in the Corporate sector and Local Authority, having spent over a decade working for Camden Council, first in the Language Services within the Equalities and Diversity Team; Passenger and Accessible Transport; Engagement Team and finally in the Communities Directorate. Olivia has a degree in Communications and Music and is also a keen cyclist.
020 7274 8522
Natalia Sali - Engagement Manager
Natalia leads our engagement work and ensures that people in Lambeth have a voice in service and policy development in health and social care. She also facilitates the participation of children and young people.
Prior to joining us, Natalia managed services for families of children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) in Enfield, Southwark and Croydon. She was involved in developing strategies on children and young people’s participation and service users’ involvement in Merton, Havering and Southwark. Natalia is a social worker by profession and has MAs in Health and Social Care Management and Social Work. Natalia is studying towards her PhD in Health and Social Care.
020 7095 5765
Kate Damiral - Engagement Lead for Older People
Kate’s role involves:
- Gathering feedback about health and care services for older people.
- Coordinating the Right for Everyone project, which involves visits to community health services to see how well they work for people with learning disabilities.
Before joining Healthwatch Lambeth, Kate worked for the National Council for Voluntary Organisations, advising charities on strategy and impact, and running a programme to help groups prepare for climate change. She has also worked in development education (supporting teachers to include global issues in their lessons) and the heritage sector. Kate lives in Camberwell and is secretary of the tenant management organisation which runs services on her estate.
020 7274 8522
Mike Rogers - Engagement Lead for Mental Health (job share)
Mike's role involves:
- Engaging with and listening to, the experiences of people with mental health needs and their families and wider communities and ensuring these are taken into account.
- Coordinating the programme of Enter and View visits to local specialist mental health services to see how these meet people’s needs.
Mike has lived in Lambeth for over 30 years. He has wide experience in both social research and working in the social care and health sector, much of it spent working with central London authorities in a number of commissioning and strategic roles. He is passionate about ‘active engagement’, ensuring patients, service users, carers and communities are at the centre of planning, development, delivery and evaluation of services.
020 7274 8522
Caroline Waran - Engagement Lead for Mental Health (job share)
Caroline’s role involves:
- Ensuring that people living with mental health support needs in Lambeth and their carers have an equal voice in the design and delivery of health and social care services in Lambeth.
- Working in partnership with many organisations across different sectors to identify opportunities to engage people and gather their feedback.
Caroline has worked in 24 hour Mental Health Services for 15 years, both as a clinician and as a Service Manager. She has an MSc in Clinical Forensic Psychology from Kings College London and a Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care. Caroline also works independently as a trainer for BLG Mind and provides consulting services for local healthcare providers. She is committed to improving the lives of those experiencing poor mental health and improving the accessibility and the quality of services available to them.
020 7274 8522
Vanita Bhavnani - Evaluation and Impact Officer
Vanita’s role involves
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of HWL’s engagement work
- Supporting colleagues to create project M&E plans and reporting and sharing monitoring and evaluation data.
Before joining Healthwatch Lambeth, Vanita worked as an evaluation professional and social researcher in the not-for-profit sector and academia. Her work encompassed designing, conducting and managing outcome and process evaluation and health service research projects aimed at improving access to health and community services and tackling inequalities Vanita has also designed and facilitated training in the use of theory of change and evaluation approaches. She has worked for the Alzheimer’s Society, NCT and academic departments in University of London member institutions.
020 7274 8522