About this event
presented by Lambeth Advance Care Planning Consortium
Saturday 18 – Sunday 19 July
About this event
The ‘Before I Die…’ tent, presented by Lambeth Advance Care Planning Consortium, is making a return to this year’s virtual Lambeth Country Show 18-19 July. Here’s a preview of our programme.
Have you ever thought about what would be most important to you as you reach the end of life?
The Before I Die... tent offers you a chance to contemplate death, reflect on your life and consider the things that matter most. We also provide information about how you can plan ahead by recording your future care wishes now so that people will know what you do and don’t want if you were too unwell to tell them.
Find out more about advance care planning.
Things to do over the weekend:
Virtual ‘Before I Die…’ wall
Help build our virtual ‘Before I Die…’ wall by sharing your care and treatment wishes. Think about what you would want those looking after you in the future to know. For example, what’s important to your daily routine? How do your beliefs shape your outlook? Who are the key people in your life? What do you need to maintain your wellbeing?
Add your wish or browse the wall (you can do this anytime).
Live information sessions
Join us on zoom for our live information sessions on how to record your wishes in an advance care plan. Book your place now:
- Saturday 11am general introduction
- Saturday 12pm for unpaid informal carers
- Saturday 2pm in Portuguese
- Sunday 2pm general introduction
- Sunday 4pm introduction to lasting power of attorney for health and welfare
If you’d like an individual chat with a member of our team, you can book a free one-to-one telephone call during the weekend with one of our trained Supporters who will give you a ring to explore any questions you might have about advance care planning and offer some initial help with creating your own plan.
Discover our new free support service
Our free one-to-one service is for anyone in Lambeth who would like help to make an advance care plan.
- tell you about the ways you can record your future care and treatment wishes
- help you decide which documents you want to use
- support you to complete the documents and share them with the right people.
Contact us to get help with your advance care plan:
- Fill out a MyCommunity Lambeth referral form and tick the ‘Advance Care Planning Conversations’ box in the Support section
- Or give the MyCommunity Lambeth team a call 020 7346 6800
Or create your own plan using free documents from Compassion in Dying.
Find out more about the Lambeth advance care planning project.
Check out what else is on at the virtual Lambeth Country Show.