The survey went live on 18 February 2014 and closed on 14 March 2014. Information and data was collected via:
- Online survey – a total number of 114 completed surveys. Respondents came from 38 GP practices in Lambeth and 6 practices in neighbouring boroughs.
- Outreach survey with young people at the the Well Centre, a young people’s drop in health centre.
- Group discussion with patients from one GP practice (around 60 participants)
- Group discussion with Clapham Park 50+ Club (12 participants)
- Although most respondents agreed that longer or more flexible opening hours are needed, there were concerns over whether current NHS resources would be able to support it.
- 64% of respondents said that it was important to see the same doctor
- Few GPs and patients knew about advocacy support available to make NHS complaints